Friday, 2 August 2013

Easy to make - Corn and spinach sandwich

Spinach and corn grilled sandwich by far has been my favourite veg-sandwich. Unless I am left with no other choice would I settle for a veg- sandwich. The chicken club sandwich topping my favourite list. When served both, I am always in a dilemma. This is quick and easy and something even meat lovers will find irresistible...(read me :D)

Ingredients:
1) Bunch of fresh spinach
2) 4 slices brown bread (for the health conscious;)
3) 1/4 cup boiled corn
3) 2 cloves garlic
4) Mozzarella cheese or 2 cheese slice (I used 2)
5) Pepper
6) Salt to taste.
7) 1 tablespoon olive oil


Step 1: Clean and cut spinach and mix with the boiled corn.


Step 2: In a pan, heat oil and garlic and fry till golden brown


Step 3: To this, add the spinach and corn mix and let it cook in medium heat for about two minutes. Let it cool.

Step 4: Mix the shredded cheese, as per your taste. Cheese lovers can increase the quantity and reduce the amount of spinach.Sprinkle salt and pepper and divide the mixture into 4 portions.


Step 5: Add each portion between two slices and grill. Make sure you grease the base with butter so that it doesn't turn out to be too dry.



Serve hot with tomato ketchup.

No comments: