My intention was to make Pad Thai at home, but, when I went to the store the recommended ingredients were not available. Call it destiny:) So, I decided to look for the greener side of the choices that were present. I was utterly upset since I had waited for four days for the sprouts to mature. Unfortunately, sprouts, like the ones used in Asian cooking is not easily available in Delhi. So instead of losing hope I decided to make them at home. HOW TO MAKE SPROUTS FOR ASIAN COOKING is something I will share on my next post. Coming back to Vermicelli, although I was frustrated that it wasn't Pad Thai I was making, I must say that I was very happy with the final result.
The recipe:
1) Vermicelli/ Rice Noodles - 1 small packet
2) Boiled chicken
3) 1 egg scrambled
4) 1/2 red capsicum
5) 1/2 green capsicum
6) 4 cloves garlic
7) 2 red or green chilli (as per taste)
8) Pinch of Monosodium glutamater (better known as Ajinomoto in India)
9) Sauce (Mixture of 1 spoon of tamarind paste, sugar and fish sauce each)
10) Sprouts (Optional - I had to make use of mine)
11) 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
12) Soya sauce (Optional - it adds to the colour)
13) 4 to 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
So I started with boiling the vermicelli, draining it and mixing it with turmeric. Picture below.
Then heat about 1 tablespoon of oil and scramble the egg and keep it aside, along with the other ingredients.
In a wok heat the rest of the oil. To it, add, garlic and after about 30 seconds add the onions, chillies and capsicum and fry till golden brown. Once that is done, add the prepared sauce, ajinomoto(optional), soya (optional) and fry for another 30 seconds and finally add the vermicelli and boiled shredded chicken. Mix well along with the egg and serve hot with lemon.
(I still don't understand why I put those slices of lemon in the middle like that :P )
Here's another one without the lemon :)
The recipe:
1) Vermicelli/ Rice Noodles - 1 small packet
2) Boiled chicken
3) 1 egg scrambled
4) 1/2 red capsicum
5) 1/2 green capsicum
6) 4 cloves garlic
7) 2 red or green chilli (as per taste)
8) Pinch of Monosodium glutamater (better known as Ajinomoto in India)
9) Sauce (Mixture of 1 spoon of tamarind paste, sugar and fish sauce each)
10) Sprouts (Optional - I had to make use of mine)
11) 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
12) Soya sauce (Optional - it adds to the colour)
13) 4 to 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
So I started with boiling the vermicelli, draining it and mixing it with turmeric. Picture below.
Then heat about 1 tablespoon of oil and scramble the egg and keep it aside, along with the other ingredients.
In a wok heat the rest of the oil. To it, add, garlic and after about 30 seconds add the onions, chillies and capsicum and fry till golden brown. Once that is done, add the prepared sauce, ajinomoto(optional), soya (optional) and fry for another 30 seconds and finally add the vermicelli and boiled shredded chicken. Mix well along with the egg and serve hot with lemon.
(I still don't understand why I put those slices of lemon in the middle like that :P )
Here's another one without the lemon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment